"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are offered the opportunity to change how we perceive it."
Judy Voruz MA., MAC
Caring deeply about how to bring a different lived experience of addiction to my clients, I have dedicated my work to helping families and addicts gain insight, understanding and a greater sense of agency from their encounter with addiction. Meeting the challenge of addiction in oneself or in a loved one is one of those situations which offers the most life changing opportunities possible. Let's enter this challenge together.
Through our work together some of the changes you can expect are:
- There will be a significant change in how you view your loved one and their addiction.
- You will begin to notice a decrease in anger, fear, judgment, and feelings of powerlessness.
- You will begin to have periods of clarity, acceptance, understanding, and calmness.
- Your appreciation and enjoyment of your loved one will begin to resurface.
- You will reconnect with your values and use them as a basis for your personal boundaries.
- You will come to understand that your loved one is having an experience of addiction and it is not who they are.
- You will learn ways to wisely and effectively support them through the journey of addiction.
Please call or contact me for my fee structure and with any questions you might have. Sessions are conducted in person, or via Skype. Contact me for a free 15 minute introduction for new clients.